Over 133 million Americans – 45% of the population – have at least one chronic disease. Of those affected, over 32 million are children.
Chronic diseases are responsible for seven out of every 10 deaths in the U.S., and these diseases kill more than 1.7 million Americans every single year.
Chronic conditions account for 81% of hospital admissions; 91% of all prescriptions filled; and 76% of all physician visits, yet there are no tools to help families and patients manage these diseases at home.
My Med Buddy is a line of health and medical journals focused on helping families track their health and medical information. For two years, we had been sharing our homemade medical spreadsheets with friends and family to help them manage their medical details, so it was a natural progression to launch My Med Buddy. Today, our health journals are used in hospitals throughout the United States, from the National Institutes of Health to the Mayo Clinic.
Over time, it’s become clear that there is another need that families need to be filled – a medical planner that helps families track not only upcoming appointments but historical health and medical details. Enter the 2018 MediPlanner.
The MediPlanner is a traditional paper planner focused on you and your family’s health. Each planner allows you log and monitor important health and medical details for you or a loved one while creating a valuable record you’ll refer to time and again.
The 180 page (90 leaves) MediPlanner pdf can be printed and bound however you want. Try a metal coil, a disc bound version, or three hole punch your copy for easy access to the sheets.
Each planner includes:
- 2018 and 2019 Reference Calendars
- A detailed contact sheet to record current medical details and contact info for your family’s medical team
- Monthly Calendar & Overview – Each Monthly Calendar includes an overview page to help you summarize the month from a health perspective, making it a handy reference tool.
- Weekly Calendar – Weekly calendars allow you to track important daily details while setting reminders for appointments and to do’s. Fill in The Gratitude Box each week to help you remember what you appreciate most.
- Journal – Managing your health and wellness or that of a loved one can sometimes be a challenge. Use the Journal to help organize your thoughts and feelings, make notations about an important appointment, or record questions to ask your physician at your next visit.
- Symptom & Illness Tracker – When sickness strikes, it’s important to know the details. Often, symptoms can be triggered by a new medication, an illness, or an environmental change. The Symptom & Illness Tracker helps you catalog those important details so you can identify potential trends and respond appropriately.
- Medication & Diet Log – You may follow a traditional or a holistic approach to your healthcare, but chances are you or your doctor will make modifications to your existing plan. Record those changes on the Medication and Diet log for quick reference.
- Care Plan – Whether you’re drafting an IEP/IHP or a nursing care plan, the Care Plan section allows you to draft your goals, record available resources, and identify needed resources.
- Therapy Planner & Goal Setter – The therapy planner is designed to help you set goals and develop a plan to reach them. Not a current therapy patient? Use the goal planner to log your personal health and fitness goals.
- Resources – Along the path to good health and wellness, you will find several resources to help you on your journey. Catalog those resources here.
- Expenses – Health and medical management can be costly. Record important details about your expenses and you’ll be prepared come tax time.
- IEP Planner – Designed to help you organize your IEP notes so you’re well prepared to advocate for your loved one.
- Research Organizer – Keep tabs on new developments in research and treatments for any diagnosis.
- Networking Tracker – Whether you network on the ground at medical conferences or online via virtual support groups, we have the tracker to help you keep it all straight.
- 2019 Planning – Use the planning section to record important reminders for annual physicals, vision exams, and dental checkups.
One of the hardest parts of managing the medical care for a loved one is living in fear of forgetting an important medical detail – whether it’s an allergy, a missed dose of medication, or another crucial detail.
Another hard part? The expense. We want this planner to help solve some of those issues and be a tool that helps parents and caregivers sleep a little better at night. That’s why we’re offering an affordable pdf version – no waiting and no shipping costs!